Microsoft’s Halo Waypoint app launches on December 10 for Windows Phone 7, iOS, and Android devices for $4.99. It also offers an optional feature dubbed ‘ATLAS.’ The premium add-on will tap directly into a user’s Halo: Reach or Halo Anniversary matches to provide real-time data during ongoing games.
“ATLAS, or Assisted Tactical Assault System, is a companion experience that provides near-real-time player data and tactical guidance for your Halo: Reach and Halo: Anniversary Multiplayer gameplay” for Halo: Reach and Halo Anniversary multiplayer.
“But with Custom Multiplayer games, ATLAS takes a more no-holds-bared approach by showing the near-real-time location of power weapons and vehicles on the map. So, if someone picks up a Rocket Launcher and later drops it, you will see the new location for that particular weapon. You will also be able to see vehicles moving around along with you or your teammates!”
Halo Waypoint’s ‘ATLAS’ feature, includes:
- Weapon and vehicle spawn locations for Matchmaking and Firefight games
- Health pack locations
- Near-real-time locations for weapons and vehicles during Custom Multiplayer games
- Your location and that of your team members displayed on the map (not currently offered for Firefight maps)
- ‘Follow me’ mode to track your movement
- Dynamic player list, including current score for the teams and each player and equipped weapon for you and your teammates